How To Grind Coffee Beans Without A Grinder?
Most of the coffee lovers start their daily life by having a cup of coffee in the morning. So there is the only way to have the freshest cup of coffee every morning if you grind your coffee beans every day. But you don't have any grinder or your grinder might have any technical problem. To overcome this situation, here are some simple methods to grind coffee beans without a grinder.
Table of Contents
6 Simple Process To Grind Coffee Beans Without A Grinder
There are so many processes of grinding coffee beans traditionally. I am sharing 6 popular methods to grind coffee beans without a grinder.
Nowadays, you will find a blender almost in every other kitchen. You can easily grind your coffee beans with this essential kitchen tool and enjoying a perfect cup of coffee before you freaking yourself out.
Process of Grinding Coffee Beans With Blender
1. You will find a grinder option in your blender; otherwise, manually select the medium to high speed to grind coffee beans.
2. Put a percentage of coffee right into the blender and cover it tightly with the lid.
3. Grind your beans to your favored uniformity making use of a "pulse" method grinding simply put fast bursts.
4. For getting the finest output to turn the blender somewhat back and forth while grinding; this creates the portions of the beans to relocate right into the blade course, making grinds properly.
Related article on conical vs flat burr grinder
2. Rolling Pin
The second best grinding option without a grinder is the rolling pin, which is similarly able to grind your coffee beans at the same time. It’s just like the traditional and primitive method to grind the coffee beans as needed.” The traditional rolling pin has the ability to squash and also grind beans at the same time.
Grinding Process With Rolling Pin
1. First, you need a rolling pin or kind of sturdy round things like a bottle, cane of food, or wooden dowel.
2. Large chopping board or a counter area that you usually use for kitchen work.
3. And finally a plastic zipper-lock bag or parchment paper that’s it.
4. Put some coffee beans into the plastic Ziploc bag or place a parchment paper on the kitchen counter and put some coffee beans on the paper covering with another parchment paper.
5. Put the bag just on the counter and crush the coffee beans gradually with the rolling pin just like a hammer.
6. When the crushing process finished, roll the pin over the beans for finest fragments.
7. Until your coffee beans perfectly ground, continue the rolling process, and that’s how you get your coffee grinned.
The knife is one of the most used kitchen tools, and it helps to grind coffee beans without a grinder. To crush coffee beans with the flat blade gives you a medium-fine grind. If you really love to work with the knife or you are a chef, you can easily do it. But you must be careful with this process. If you are afraid of a knife, you can avoid this option and choose another method for grinding your coffee beans.
How To Grind With Knife
1. First, you need a large butcher or a chef’s knife.
2. And finally a wide cutting/chopping board.
3. Put enough coffee beans on the chopping board. Now place the knife’s blade over the beans and gradually press them for finest grinding. Continue the process until you get the perfect amount of ground coffee beans. And you should be very careful about the sharp edge of the knife; otherwise, an accident can happen at any time.
4. Use A Food Processor
A food processor is almost like a blender. But it has a large version of a blade grinder. It can also grind the coffee beans. But if you don’t have any grinding option, you can use a food processor for grinding coffee beans.
How To Grind Coffee Beans Using A Food Processor
1. Pour a couple of coffee beans into the food processor
2. Cover with lid and hold it strongly
3. Use the” Pulse” option of the processor and tilt the food processor from side to side while grinding so that the larger portions of the beans move into the blade easily.
4. Empty the bowl and again pour some of the coffee beans until you get the right amount of ground coffee.
5. Hammer, Or Meat Tenderizer
You can easily crush your beans with a hammer, mallet, or a meat tenderizer which are close at your hand, break it out, fill a zipper loc bag with the right amount of coffee beans, or place the beans on a parchment sheet and cover it up with another sheet. After that, press down firmly your hammer, mallet or meat tenderizer over the sheet and crush the beans until you get a perfect consistency.
6. Mortar And Pestle
You can also use a mortar and pestle for grinding your coffee beans. It is mainly used for pharmacists and cook for over the centuries for grinding different kinds of herbs, spices, and medicines for the finest ground. It can help you with both hammering and rolling motion to get a consistent texture. It’s very easy to grind coffee beans with the mortar and pestle.
How To Grind With Mortar And Pestle
1. Fill the mortar and pestle with the right amount of coffee beans.
2. First, Hammering the beans, then rolling with the pestle, and continue the process until your coffee get the finest ground.
Of course, a coffee grinder is the best option to grind coffee beans, but you might know the alternative process if you find your grinder breaks down.